Information covered in the informational slides:
- How Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People Made Use Of Technology & Materials – Introduction
- What are Natural Materials?
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Plant Use
- Natural Material for Fishing Spears
- The Uses of Weaving
- What are Processed Materials?
- The Steaming Process
- Processed Fibres
- Animal Skins and Fur for Clothing
- The Tanning Process
- Aboriginal Art – Ochre Paints
- How to Make Ochre Paint
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tools and Inventions
- Materials Used for Shelter
- Materials Used for Traditional Games (Marngrook and Taktyerrain)
This resource includes 5 worksheets that improve knowledge about the life cycles of animals and plants. An answer key is included for easy marking!
Worksheet 1: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Perspectives: Natural and Processed Materials (Close Passage) – Includes Answer Key!
Worksheet 2: Natural and Processed Materials (Sorting Activity) – Includes Answer Key!
Worksheet 3: First Nations Use and Knowledge of Materials (Multiple Choice and Short Answer) – Includes Answer Key!
Worksheet 4: Design Task #1: Make Your Own Mini-Shelter
Worksheet 5: Design Task #2: Make Your Own Toy