Aligned with the Australian Curriculum for year 5 and 6 students: Key figures and events that led to Australia’s Federation, including British and American influences on Australia’s system of law and government (ACHHK113). This is a fantastic learning tool for stage 3 students who are completing the History unit: Australia as a Nation.
Key inquiry questions that students will learn about:
- Who was Sir Edmund Barton?
- What is a tariff?
- What is federation?
- Australia’s transformation post-federation from 1901- 1931
- Sir Edmund Bartons contribution to federation in Australia
- The official Australian flag and final design in 1901
- A dominant ‘white Australia’ and the Immigration Restriction Act.
- Important events during Sir Edmund Barton’s leadership from 1901-1903
- BONUS: 12 reflection questions at the end of PowerPoint to test knowledge