Students will learn:
- About different types of fungi: mushrooms, yeast and moulds
- The parts of a basic fungal structure and a mushroom
- The role of fungi
- How the fungi such as yeast and bread mould grow in different conditions
- How mushrooms grow and get energy
- How fungi is beneficial to humans and the planet
- The conditions fungi grow best in
Information covered in the informational slides:
- What are fungi?
- Parts of a basic fungal cell
- What are spores?
- Fungi #1: what is a mushroom?
- Parts of a mushroom (diagram)
- How do mushrooms grow?
- Mushroom spores experiment
- Fungi #2: what is mould?
- Mould experiment
- The discovery of antibiotics
- Fungi #3: what is yeast?
- Yeast experiment
- Summary of the role of fungi
- 38 Vocabulary words and meanings
This resource includes 5 worksheets that improve student knowledge about different types of fungi and their growth. An answer key is included for easy marking!
Worksheet 1: Close Passage: The Wonderful World of Fungi
Worksheet 2: Label the Fungal Cell & Multiple Choice Questions
Worksheet 3: Label the Mushroom & Multiple Choice Questions
Worksheet 4: Different Types of Fungi (Mushrooms, Moulds and Yeast)
Worksheet 5: Short Answer Questions: Fungi Growth and Benefits